Fish On! That’s the battle cry from Confluence Watersports this year, as the company is going all-in with its fishing line-up for 2016. It’s debuting new angling wares from Wilderness Systems, Perception and Boardworks, including the Tarpon 130x, Pescador Pro 12, and Tracker SUP. These join the tried-and-true favorites Thresher and A.T.A.K., and fishing accessories from Harmony Gear and fishing paddles from Adventure Technology, to cover any angler’s needs. Inside, we give you a quick rundown…
Wilderness Systems www.wildernesssystems.com
Tarpon 130X, $1,469 (Available Spring 2016)
A performance driven, sit-on-top Tarpon kayak with fishy features and the sleek, speediness, and exceptional stability of the originalTarpon.
– Modern shaping and a bevy of new customizable features for electronics, accessory mounts, seat adjustments, and more.
– Narrow hull and added sidewall flare to create a remarkably fast, nimble, yet stable ride- Includes the versatile Flex Pod OS, a drop-in, self-contained console that adds more storage, electronic, and propulsion opportunities.
– The ultra-comfortable AirPro MAX Lite seat, though not height adjustable, features a new slide-on-track system for increased fore/aft trimming while maintaining all of the comfort features found and loved in the AirPro MAX high/low seat
Wilderness Systems ATAK, $1,799
The new Wilderness Systems ATAK is fully equipped and in position to take the kayak fishing world by storm.
– Highly walkable and stable deck, yet nimble and stealth
– Low-profile, wind-shedding hull
– Endless storage opportunities are intelligently located throughout
– FlexPod OS electronics console
– The AirPro MAX seat now with extended travel along much of the length of the craft
Wilderness Systems Thresher 140, $1,449
Built with both the serious and the aspiring all-water angler in mind, the Thresher series ushers in the next generation of high performance sit-on-tops. The hull is efficient and quick, yet stable and predictable to handle ever-changing open water conditions. The deck is sleek and modern, with a thoughtful layout for the maximum gear storage, capacity and accessibility.
– Phase 3 AirPro Sit-On-Top-Seat
– Keepers XL Foot Brace System
– Bow Storage Hood
– Rectangular Center Hatch with Bungee and SlideTrax
– Tankwell w/ Adjustable Bungee and (2) Gear Security Straps
– Reflective Static Perimeter Safety Line
– Paddle Groove with Bungee and Bow Cover Strap
– Rudder Ready
– Gear Storage Pockets
– Self-Bailing Scupper Holes
– FlexPod OS Removable Console
Pescador Pro 12, $829
A new performance-driven angling kayak designed to get more beginner and intermediate fishers out on the water. It’s packed with fishing accessories and customizable features designed for serious anglers.
– Tracks like a much longer boat, while providing anglers with solid initial and secondary stability for navigating through winding waterways or fighting fish.
– Sit-on-top deck comes with a stadium-style seat that can be adjusted on the fly; users can sit up for paddling and improved casting or switch to a reclined position for more comfort.
– Easily adjustable Keepers Foot Braces ensure ergonomic efficiency for paddling or relaxing.
– Mesh-covered bow tankwell and a bungee-covered stern tankwell offer plenty of secure storage space
– To keep rigging and gear tight and organized, there are two molded-in rod holders, a paddle park, a recessed tackle box area, a cup holder, and a center console and transducer scupper ready for fish finder electronics.
Tracker SUP, $1,899
A new angling-specific SUP board with a fish-approved color scheme. Built for hardcore anglers but fun and versatile enough for cast-free recreationalists, The Tracker SUP’s 11’ long and 35” wide deck provides users with maximum stability and plenty of foot room.
– The flat deck makes it easy to store a cooler onboard as well as move, cast, or rig
– Fourteen strategically placed Connex deck plugs allow users to tie down extra gear or add on attachments
– Excellent impact protection and compression strength thanks to extremely durable Krypto-Mat construction using Innegra™ coupled with fiberglass and epoxy resins
– Generous width and bow-to-stern double concave hull provide unparalleled stability
– Tracks perfectly and surprisingly fast thanks to its unique hull design and single stern fin
– High degree of stability in windy conditions, during casting and paddling, due to its low profile and relatively low rocker.