Calling it a modern take on an original classic, Mancos, Colo.’s Alpacka Raft, recently released its new Caribou packraft, what it bills as the lightest and most packable full-size packraft on the market.
Weighing just 4 lbs., 12 oz., the boat has a new and innovative “late-rise” bow design, meaning it’s built to carry bikes, full-sized packs, big game, and other heavy loads, while keeping the boat balanced on and off water.
“By bringing the Caribou to market, we wanted to provide a better boat for specific uses,” says Thor Tingey, Apacka Raft CEO. “The Caribou, coupled with our new Late Rise Bow, is the ideal packraft for ultralight solo hunting, backpacking, and bikerafting. We’re excited to see what adventures our customers choose to take the Caribou on in the coming months and years.”
Available in Persimmon and Mallard Green colors, the Caribou retails for $795 without the Cargo Fly and $945 with the fly.
Additional features of the Caribou include:
- Handmade in Mancos, Colorado
- Single valve that provides high pressure one-way inflation and easy deflation with a quick twist of the valve core
- Full-size standard seat
- 210d High Count Nylon lightweight polyurethane coated tubes
- 840d Nylon Floor
- Handle on bow for easy dragging and portaging with gear on the bow
- 4 bow strap plates oriented for optimal bike attachment, 2 stern grab loops, and a floor loop to attach the seat
- Optional Cargo Fly (for internal storage in the tubes of the boat)
- Optional custom Titan-Straps bike strap kit
- Includes: inflation bag, seat stuff sack, and repair kit
The Caribou packraft is available for purchase at select international retailers and on the Alpacka Raft website.